This is where the journey starts. Ok maybe not quite yet but in about 3 hrs we'll really get moving!
Good grief was I ever thrilled to get off that flight!
I have never seen so many grown men get toasted on one aircraft.
The guy next to us became a game.
Count the beers.
3 wines and 4 beers later (I'll admit I stopped counting at four because it was getting in the way of watching Reece Witherspoon on our super duper screens) He tries to hug the "air hostess". Tiny little thing. I felt so bad for her because she was obviously flustered. I mean here is this somewhere around 70s drunken harabeoji trying to cop a feel and she's still ever polite.
American airlines could learn a few things about customer service. She didn't have to get snotty or loud and she still got what she wanted (his butt in the seat) quickly and quietly.
Good ole Korean Air flight KE032
And no, there are no photos on board. It was messy, we were ugly, everyone was cranky (or drunk).
Let's face it, travel isn't pretty.
At least it wasn't in economy.
Now, I may have been able to feel my legs up in first class.
Those folks had beds.
Seriously.
Worst picture ever but too funny not to share. Travel half way around the world and you still see Kansans. This guy had on a Kansas Lions Club shirt. In Seoul. This is why your mom wants you to mind your manners at all times. It's seriously blurry because just as I snapped my ridiculously pink baggage came down the belt and I made a jump for it.
Even though it was an accident, I still maintain that pepto pink is the BEST color for luggage.
Can't miss it.
We're HERE!!
One thing I will say about Seoul...You must be certifiable to drive here. Absolutely bonkers. Lines are just suggestions. No one maintains their own lane. And the very sweet seemingly 12 year old that drove us to our hotel turned into one of these drivers as soon as he hit the gas!
Craziness!
Here is a lovely tour hosted by yours truly!
By the time we got to the DMC ville (which DMC stands for Digital Media City or the IT business district for us boring types)and unpacked, it was about 8PM and we were STARVING!
No clue where to go eat. DMC ville is near NOTHING on Sunday night except closed stuff and did I mention a lot of office buildings?
So a very lovely, but very confused, front desk guy wrote down and address and some other stuff (seriously about two paragraphs) and said to give it to the taxi driver and he'd take us to World Cup Stadium.
I'm thinking...OK...Odd. I want food and he's sending me to an empty soccer stadium.
The taxi dropped us off at the corner which meant about a block hike in the dark. Towards a building that seriously looks like a closed up stadium. Until you walk around to the other side. They have made it into a mall. With EVERYTHING you could ever imagine!
Seriously could have spent hours in there (gold fish next to children's undies) giggling. But Lee was drawing attention (note to self: if we come again Red Heads should probably not also have flaming red beards when traveling in Seoul.) Grandpa would feel right at home. These people are starers. And pointers. And nose pickers. It seemed like we'd landed in a country where no one has an ounce of self awareness.
I LOVE IT HERE!!!!
So we got Porroro stickers for the kids and hiked it over to the food court.
Yes, the stickers are for the kids. Most of them.
My attempt and incognito photography. We ate semi rubbery, very spicy chicken at KFC. Red pepper paste in the breading. Wouldn't be Korean without it! And yes, of course that is a hash brown patty on top of the chicken. Isn't that how it's always served?
Random but neat statue right outside DMC ville.
Now, to call the midgets in Kansas and head off to bed!

No comments:
Post a Comment